To turn out to be a Clinical Data Associate, you have to start by identifying, if this profession is suitable for you. Do you enjoy working with numbers and data? Are you curious in a profession that will allow you to utilize your logical expertise towards clinical research? If so, then you may fit too well for a profession as a Clinical Data Associate!
Below we have laid out, what you will require to be successful, in a profession as a Clinical Data Associate. We have bundled beneficial information and facts for this profession as a career, such as its JD (job description), remuneration anticipation and a lot more!
Clinical Data Associate Job Description (JD)
Clinical Data Associates are accountable for proper capturing, recording, documenting of clinical research data for clinical study and validation. Clinical Data Associates must make sure that studies or protocols are completed consistently, as well as, verifiable clinical data that must exist to back up the research. Clinical Data Associates could possibly also conduct training on specialized software programs.
Job Duties of Clinical Data Associate
- Coordinate with clinical research staff in order to accurately collect and record clinical data.
- Supervise internal and outsourced clinical data management processes
- Carry out study-specific operating procedures that abide with regulatory and internal operating procedures.
- Design, record, implement, validate and manage clinical data collection and reporting methods.
- Must create tools to track data management.
- Perform training for the use of technical software for clinical staff.
Required Educational Qualifications & Training to Become a Clinical Data Associate
To turn out to be a Clinical Data Associate, you generally need at least a bachelor’s degree in life sciences, computer science or healthcare.
Training programmes increase your awareness in record management, computer technology and healthcare information systems should be pursued, if you would like to become a Clinical Data Associate, as this arena demands knowledge with computer science or in healthcare.
Despite the fact that it may or may not be a necessity, many companies prefer Clinical Data Associate individuals to have a master’s degree in either a computer science or in healthcare discipline.
Practical Experience Required to be a Clinical Data Associate
If you wish to become a Clinical Data Associate, you may perhaps require about 1-2 years of work experience in the healthcare industry, ideally in clinical data management. Participating in professional training in clinical data management with Oracle Clinical software can help you gain experience and possibly it may help you to get an entry-level employment upon graduation. The usual responsibilities that are assigned to fresher’s may involve data analysis, data collection and oral or written dissemination of data outcomes to clinical staff and customers.
Clinical Data Associate Certification/Diploma
Even though academic requirements on how to become a clinical data associate may vary from organization to organization, aspiring clinical research associate typically require to have clinical data knowledge specially oracle clinical software training, due to the nature of the job. Clinical Data Management Certification/Diploma enables clinical data associates to demonstrate that they have fulfilled the eligibility criteria.
Obtaining a specialized training in clinical data management, such as diploma in clinical data management or certificate in clinical data management is an excellent way to crack into the industry and work as a clinical research associate. Any computer science or life science graduate is also suitable for entry-level jobs as a clinical data associate.
Benefits of Professional Training in Clinical Data Management
- Obtain recognition of competence
- Verify expertise and specific competence
- Distinguish knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate professionalism, reliability and dedication
- Assist in professional growth
Essential Skills of Clinical Data Associates
In order to become a successful Clinical Data Associate, you will need to have a number of skills, including:
- The ability to compile, evaluate and examine clinical data
- The ability to correctly apply data to clinical issues
- Should have a robust understanding of database coding aspects and clinical data management methods
- Should be able to handle several projects and functions at the same time
- Should be able to efficiently communicate findings to other clinical staff members
Who Employs Clinical Data Associates?
The below mentioned sorts of companies usually employ Clinical Data Associates:
- Contract research organizations
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Information technology organizations
- Biotechnology companies
- Government departments
Salary – Clinical Data Associate
The pay scale of Clinical Data Associates can differ based upon on a number of factors, such as their amount of expertise, their level of education and learning, their particular role within the data management team, in which they work, and a lot of others. Average Annual Clinical Data Associate Salary as mentioned below:
|Country||Average Annual Clinical Data Associate Salary|
James Lind Institute Singapore offers multiple self paced online training programs that can help you become a Clinical Data Associate. To know more about the training programs available please click http://www.jliedu.com/programs