Business development team plays an essential role in all types of industries. In pharmaceutical and clinical research industries business development teams perform many important functions such as understanding financial aspects of running clinical studies, setting objectives and goals for the successful completion of the projects, identify and approach new clients for new business opportunities and so on.
The Clinical Business Development team specialises in bidding for and obtaining new projects from new clients across various therapeutic areas of interest. The team supports in employing business tactics by building and applying strategic business plans to assist sales development and key account management techniques to make sure effective conduct of studies. The Business Development team may be engaged in the recruiting and developing of new sites in order to achieve organizational growth targets. The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible to achieve business development objectives set by the organization on a monthly and yearly basis. The BDE may also be supporting the Site Managers / Lead Coordinators in accomplishing their patient enrollment goals via the oversight of study marketing plans and educational materials.
Education Qualification & Training Requirements for Clinical Business Development (BD) Executive Position
Bachelor / Masters Degree in life science or health care related area; MBA will be advantage for people who want to begin their career in business development.
Experience / Training Required for Clinical Business Development Executive Position
Multinational CRO’s look for people who have 2-3 years relevant experience in business development or clinical research, but there are many CRO’s who hire freshers who have health care related degree and a PG Diploma in Clinical Research and Business Development.
Job Responsibilities of Clinical Business Development Team
- Recognize and prepare clinical trial research plans with CRO’s, pharmaceutical and biotech organizations.
- Explore various pharmaceutical organization’s pipelines to find out new and up coming clinical study possibilities with a focus on obtaining new therapeutic areas, new contacts, new pharmaceutical/biotech organizations and new CROs in the industry.
- Make calls to targeted companies, seek out new contacts, finish all surveys, make follow-up calls and evaluate web sites to make sure that all possible studies are being analyzed.
- Accountable for supporting with external advertising and provide support in enrollment of subjects for ongoing clinical research at study sites.
- Recognition of new possibilities for pipeline molecules / products
- Research of all new products/ideas coming to market and evaluate business viability
- Accomplish or exceed organizational goals that have been put in place by the organization.
- Comply with all organization procedures, instructions and directives for the achievement of organization objectives and generate sales. Maintain an automated monitoring of all ongoing leads, sales and works in process.
- Be aware to market research reports, competitive strategies/studies and convey this information to management.
- Analyse new business models, methodologies, and markets that would maximize revenue share of the organization.
- Attend yearly industry conferences to enhance Clinical Research Benefits and to obtain further data on research that can help new business opportunities.
- Support with determining and recruiting new doctors to work as researchers at trial sites.
Annual Pay Scale for Clinical Business Development (BD) Executive
|India||4 – 6 Lakh||INR|